Health Education and Promotion: this takes the form of collaborating and working with community-based health and related structures to ensure that basic health information and skills are available to the project beneficiaries in a sustainable manner. It involves adopting demand-creation for health service which will lead to prevention and early health care. It also takes the form of identifying the health challenges facing the beneficiaries through participatory learning for e action.
Another important segment of the health education programme is building sustainable partnerships with corporate institutions and quasi-public sectors to foster efforts mainstream crucial health information platforms in their institutions. In this manner, preventive health would reach most workers and families. Action Care – Ghana will use electronic-based approaches and culturally friendly traditional methods so that beneficiaries would easily commit to the activities and own the programme. We are into;
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights (advocacy and services)
- Mental Health (advocacy and services)
- Emergency health response (mobilization and service delivery)
- Health Promotion (including materials development and events)
Capacity Building for Self Help:
- Participatory research for needs assessment
- Training, Coaching and Mentoring through Attachments etc.
- Participatory Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Health Consultancy Services:
As part of Action Care – Ghana’s strategies to sustain the organisation, it provides consultancy services relating to health issues. The consultancy services include:
- Establishing and sustaining sick bays for educational and corporate institutions.
- Assessing health needs of families and institutions and groups.
- Developing health related proposals for groups and institutions (including NGOs).
- Organizing community mobilization sessions for groups and communities in relation to health.